Dreams

I missed my meeting yesterday because of heavy rain in the area. The streets were flooded, and I found myself with time to spare before I had to go to a concert with a friend of mine. The concert was for the entire music department at our University. I used to sing in the choir, and I wanted to see what the group was up to since my life in science took control of ALL my spare time. The concert was about dreams. Specifically, the concert was about the musical dreams of the students in the college. Suddenly, I found myself very sad. I was mourning the loss of a dream of mine that I realized too late into college to take a hold of. It's hard to realize at twenty that you're too old for something, and coming to terms with the fact that I will never be a singer really brought my night down. My voice isn't what it was when I graduated, and even if it was, by the time I would graduate I would be too old to join any opera troupe.

But today is a new day. I have new dreams, and while none may measure up to my original dream they are just as valid. My current dream is to actually make it to my goal weight. I took steps toward that dream when I got up bright and early to make it to the only Sunday meeting at Weight Watchers. I lost 1.6 pounds this week, and I am 6.6 pounds away from my official "starting weight." Total, I have lost 14 pounds this month, a number that is double what I expected to lose. My goal is 3 pounds a month. So, if February could be kind to me, that would be great.

It will be another busy week. I have to sleep over at a friend's house and watch their children while they are out of town. A job that involves feeding and waking the children before school and possibly cooking for them in the evenings. I have a week before we teach our first lesson of the semester, and a week before I have my first test. I'm trying to keep all these countdowns in my mind as I try to keep my head on my shoulders.

I hope to work out today. I already missed all the Jazzercise classes for today, but the school gym is always open. So, we shall see if I make it there.

DFTBA and keep moving forward.
<3 Allie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is Me

Ready to Talk About It