The Negative


I did y'all. This Saturday, I weighed in at 0.8 below my official Weight Watchers "starting weight." I was 188.6 pounds. This is the happiest I have ever been to see that number. I had the best meeting. Since it is Mardi Gras, I was able to go home and attend the meeting at the location I started at like 10 years ago. AND I had the same leader. Ms. Donna was so happy to see me, and we caught up on everything that has been going on since we last saw each other like two years ago.


This week has been filled with King Cake, and I was doing just fine until we had a parent bring one in as a "thank you" to the front office staff. I caved and I had one piece. A very, very small piece. And, I loved it. Every single bite. Every single point. Every thing about that piece of King Cake was so worth it. It may also be attributed to the HELL of a day we had at work that Friday, but it was still just amazing.

I have 25 pounds to go until I make it to my pre-depression weight. 25 pounds seems like nothing once you've lost 20. And the biggest perk of that 25 pounds is that Weight Watchers will start recognizing it as real loss (as if all the work I put in to lose the last 20 doesn't count). It always feels horrible to start over, but I think that every step I take closer to that "pre-depression weight" is making me happier to be alive today. I know two years ago, nothing made me want to stick it out, but this year it feels like there may actually be something worth living for. That I may actually have a reason to take care of myself. I haven't felt that way in a really long time. It is so refreshing to feel as though everything isn't falling apart around me. I don't know if I have found my "why" yet, but I do know that if nothing else, I feel better about myself and my determination to get back to my healthy weight.
Princess in her new getup-
note the baggy shirt

I spent my break with the people I love the most. I have missed every single parade, which is a bummer, but I got to spend all day today with my nieces. We let them play at Chik-Fil-A and then we took them shopping. The oldest loves Claire's and they had a sale going today. She picked out a tiara and a tutu, and we transformed her into a real princess. I was dying at the cuteness.

On the weight loss range, today I wore the same shirt I wore for New Year's Eve. It was boderline too small on New Year's Eve, and today it's a sack. It's huge, and I laughed a little when I put it on this morning. I may have to pull some smaller sizes out of the back of my closet.

DFTBA and Keep Moving Forward.
<3 Allie
New Year's Eve - same shirt

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This is Me

Dreams

Ready to Talk About It